Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Luau Fun!




Arlene, yours truly and Sasha

  A couple of Saturdays ago, my "new" dear friends Arlene, Jon and Sasha invited us along with some other friends to their luau party. Nothing gets me more nostalgic than anything Hawaii themed, as we took our honeymoon in Oahu in '03 and our son's baby shower was luau themed as well. So, I tend to get extra excited about these type of shindigs. ;-D Not to mention, my girls know how to have a good time!

Since the party was potluck, my first thought was to make Hawaiian chicken, along with a pineapple upside down cake for dessert. However, due to our busy schedule and lack of another vehicle, time didn't allow for such. Instead, I opted to make breaded chicken cubes with a mango peach salsa and I also bought a delish coconut cake (shout out to Publix Bakery, lol).

  As usual, we waited until the last minute to go grocery shopping, so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off (no pun intended), trying to grab a bite to eat and picking up all my items. The fact that we hadn't eaten yet only hindered our efforts, as we had to stop and look at every appetizing thing in sight!

Luckily, this mama is a master multi-tasker and seasoned procrastinator. I seem to do my best work under pressure. ;-D Fortunatley, I had the insight to bathe myself and the kids, and outfit them in the Hawaiian garb pre-shopping. Once we got home, I quickly chopped and prepped the chicken, threw it into the oven, and proceeded to touch up my hair and make up and change clothes while the food was baking. I was thinking, "Dang, I'm good!" and was so proud of myself for getting it all together. (Those who know me well, also know that I suffer from self-diagnosed A.D.D.).  I was feeling and looking good, makeup and hair to perfection. And then....the sky fell out and it started to pour. Only me! I can't tell you of the mad dash I made to the car with kids in tow. You can only guess that my straight, near "perfect" hair wilted right before my eyes. Thank goodness the "face" was unharmed, lol! Oh, yes. And I might add that we got lost on the way there. But we made it there before anyone else-a shocker. So, this frazzled mom was happy!

  Once inside, we were greeted with warm hugs, Hawaiian music and the smell of yummy food wafting through the air. All my stress melted away as we walked downstairs and were given  leis and cold drinks. The kiddos joined their playmates in the playroom and I was able to relax and chat with my girls. Good food, good music, fab friends and dancing always equal a stellar night in my book! (Even if it means a bad hair day and detour along the way!) Thanks to Arlene & Jon and Sasha for a fantastic evening. We love you much!

Aloha,

Angel

2 comments:

  1. I love luaus!! You still looked amazing despite the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Trina! You are too kind. But I know my hair looks a hot mess. I need to check the weather from now on. So I can wear my hair wavy if it is suposed to rain on a party day. :) Please follow my blog! I'd appreciate it. Sorry I am just now seeing this!

    ReplyDelete